EMC Insurance Companies is in the top 60 property/casualty organizations in the United States and is one of the largest in Iowa, based on net written premium.
Founded in 1911, EMC Insurance Companies is financially solid, built on more than 100 years of serving policyholders and independent insurance agents. Today, EMC employs more than 2,400 employees in 19 locations across the country.
EMC Named a Five-Star Carrier
EMC was named a five-star insurance carrier in a 2018 report issued by Insurance Business America, a leading business magazine for commercial insurance brokers and agents. EMC earned five-star ratings in the categories of reputation and financial security, claims processing, range of products and commitment to the broker channel.
EMC’s mission is to grow profitably through partnership with independent insurance agents and to enhance the ability of their partners to deliver quality financial protection to the people and businesses they mutually serve.
Their brand promise—Count on EMC—represents the core values upon which EMC Insurance Companies has built its reputation. Since 1911, policyholders, agents and employees have come to Count on EMC for comprehensive protection, superior service and financial security.
The five EMC values are the essence of the company’s identity. These are the beliefs they operate by that create their corporate culture. Keeping these values in mind while working with fellow employees, agents and policyholders enables them to fulfill their company mission. They count on all EMC employees to exercise these principles in their daily work.
- Honesty & Integrity—They gain the confidence and trust of others easily through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Customer Focus—They build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Collaboration—They build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared goals.
- Innovation—They create new and better ways for EMC to be successful.
- Driving Results—They consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.